Here’s a news channel that is truly uplifting!
To me, the news should be carrying information that affects my life somehow. Weather is news of course. New legislation is news. But with the advent of post truth subjectivity and biased/fake news, there is not much information that is relevant to my life.
But for some reason, the Albanian news truly affects my life. Every time I go to their site, my heart begins to race and I feel very excited to see what will be reporting.
To give the readers a taste of what I mean, I came across this news clip on YouTube about an Albanian news station.
This gives the term “fake news” an entirely different spin. With careful inspection, you can be sure that they are, in fact, quite real.
Seriously, if TPTB in Albania are interested in pushing propaganda, I think they’ve found a very effective and convincing way to go about it.
Interestingly, Albania is 56-70% Muslim, 10% Catholic, and 7% Eastern Orthodox. I once had the impression that Muslim cultures were very modest, but I guess not all Muslim cultures are like that (NAMCALT).
Albania is a relatively small country with a population of 3 million and a GDP around US$36 billion. The fertility rate is 1.49 children per woman.
From what little data I came across, it seems like Albania is a country that is slowly coming apart at the seams.
The Albanian news shows it – quite literally.
But in the meantime, they’re sure to enjoy the
- Σ Frame: ¡Popcorn Science and the News! (2015 September 15)
- Σ Frame: Censorship of Praise is the Thief of Joy (2018 April 11)
- Σ Frame: RT Spews Competition in the Media Wars (2018 April 25)
- Σ Frame: Cancel my views for what we call the News (2020 July 13)
- Σ Frame: The elephant in the room is the canary in the coalmine (2020 November 2)
- Σ Frame: You have to leave Murika to get the Real News (2020 November 3)