Jack recently wrote,
In the long run this “new lack of rules” market based on sexual desire doesn’t actually serve the women market participants either, because they are increasingly left with relatively unattractive men as options for mates once they are finished exploiting the height of their own market power during their 20s and earlier 30s.
The above probably wasn’t meant to be comprehensive, but there are many more reasons that it does not serve the women well. Quite a few as a matter of fact. Let us consider,
- Men that are objectively reasonably good catches, ones that they might marry, just won’t be considered worth much; leading to either/or an unhappy marriage or divorce.
- Men, seeing that they have to wait a long time, seeing the quality of women that are available, just won’t try so hard to improve themselves and their situation. (This would have been me)
- There is the alpha widow thing. Enough said. (related to #1)
- Because of their late teens/twenties activities the women have not developed feminine/motherly attributes/skills. This does not help them in either the MMP or later when they might actually become a mother.
- Women who have gone through the whole empowered carousel/carousel-light experience look at marriage more from a what can I gain idea rather than a how can we be a team perspective. This hurts all in the long run.
- Over their late teens and twenties, they become empowered and/or bitchy. When it comes to snagging a fella, they might hide this, sometimes successfully. However, it will eventually come out. When it does, it does not go over well.
Please feel free to add your own.