I wanted to respond to The Deti’s serious note on the manosphere stalling out. I agree with him. My comments, of course, are just my impressions and reactions.
The manosphere has stopped growing, innovating and entertaining because:
1. After one learns the core redpill precepts, and discovers that they are explanatory and objective, it’s hard to innovate. In this respect, redpill thought is a victim of its own accuracy and success.
Guys like Deti and me grew up with one set of intersexual rules. They were 90% false. Transition to reality: very difficult. Transition completed, they are incontrovertible and objective. So we just ignore and dismiss most of the femme-centric proselytizing and get on with life. There’s not even much of a reason to talk to other men about this stuff, because they won’t listen and may well freak out — until they’re in crisis. Then they’ll listen. It’s how a lot of people discover Christ: they are crisis conversions. (I am one, so not bragging here.)
2. It’s awfully repetitive, hearing the same five rules repeated daily, like the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. The PUA antecedents of a thoughtful redpill perspective are really, really tiresome. Average men acting like they’re Bob Redford or Jim Brown, and telling others to man up and do same. This rhetoric, and these men, are too obvious and dull to spend time with.
4. In my case, I don’t spend time with pretend tough guys. I know tough guys. Internet tough guys are fun for a few weeks.
5. After absorbing red pill lessons, taking the new catechism into the sexual marketplace, and learning that said catechism WORKS every time, whether or not you’re actually intrigued with the female, is boring. I don’t read blogs about flying or motorcycling or editing nonfiction, either. Once you understand something, listening to polemics from average people seems like a waste of five minutes.
That’s why I just briefly scan Dalrock. He’s brilliant, while his commenters hammer the same three disconnected, self-flattering points over and over.
6. In short, as Robert Hughes notes, The Shock of the New is what art is about. There’s no innovation, or extension of core concepts, in the manosphere. There remains a lot of posturing.
The main differences between feminism and the manosphere is the difference between men and women.
Feminism serves women. Women are about helping “women” and advancing the cause of “women” as a whole. Women are herd creatures. What helps the herd, helps the individual woman. All women, everywhere, of every race ,color, creed, political persuasion, station and lifestyle, are all about protecting and helping all other women.
Example: The way even the most conservative blue hair old church biddy helps circle the wagons to protect a vulnerable new convert single mom ghetto slut. Doesn’t matter that the old biddy and the slut are as different as night and day; the biddy is all about protecting a woman, because she’s a woman. The fact that she has a vagina and a uterus is reason enough. (In part because the biddy sees more than a wee bit of herself in said slut, but that’s a story for another day.) It’s mostly because they’re women, and women have to protect each other.
Men don’t operate like that. Men are tribe creatures. Men are not about advancing or protecting “men” as a whole. Hell, if you’re not in my tribe, you’re my enemy. That’s just how we are.
Women use the political process to gain advantages for “women”. Men have tried and failed to use the political process to gain advantages for “men”. MRAs have accomplished exactly nothing in the past 100 years. And this is because of the simple reason that no one cares about “men”. We care about the men in our tribes. Not even men care about “men”.
But everyone cares about “women”. Women make eggs and eggs are expensive. We have to care about “women” because with no women, the men will have no one to fuck, no one to procreate with, and no one to carry on the species. We need all the wombs we can get. All we need is a few men. Men make sperm, trillions on quadrillions of sperm, and sperm is not only cheap, it’s FREE. We can eliminate full 60% of all the males on the planet right now and not skip a beat in terms of women getting laid, getting pregnant, and making babies.
Everyone cares about women because we have to, because the species depends on it. No one cares about “men” because there’s no reason to.
The second reason the manosphere is stagnating is because much of the original reasons for its existence have been identified, sussed out and resolved. Male nature, female nature, male and female sexual attraction, and the way they interact: I’d say 98% figured out and sussed out. The info is all here for people to read and use. There’s very, very little that’s new and hasn’t been for about 4 years now. Once you’ve got it, there’s little reason to stay, other than to help new men along. Most of the men who were here when I got here in 2011 are gone now, moved on, quit commenting or blogging for one reason or another.
Exit Question: Is there a way forward, something other than educating newcomers?