This post was written pursuant to a Request (link will open in a new tab) which led to a meeting between Cill’s sisters and sundry female cuzzies.
Edited by Cill
“The approach used would seem to be a resounding success, as these women have had fruitful and happy lives, and fine individual families” (Farm Boy in above Request).
True. All the women married young and there were no separations or divorces. The two divorces you have heard about happened with in-laws. All marriages of women who adhered to the Wisdom of the Ages were happy marriages for life.
A short description of the “wisdom” is given by “Ezzy” (one of the mothers) at this link.
“My ancestors knew all about female ‘group think’ (as it is now called) long ago, except they decided to apply it vertically (through the generations) rather than horizontally (across present generations). They saw the vertical approach as a strength and the horizontal as a fatal flaw. We draw our strength from all woman before us who have heeded the advices. All women have the capacity to carry them within.”
Vertical and Horizontal Women
We will refer to ourselves as “vertical” women, and to the typical modern women as “horizontal” women. There is actually a satisfying irony to “vertical” vs “horizontal” that doesn’t require much imagination to appreciate. The vertical woman is a loving woman. The horizontal woman might think she is loving, but she is not. Horizontal leg-spreading is not synonymous with love. She is actually a disgrace; she is prepared to sacrifice the well-being of her husband and children on the alter of her pathetic whims.
The big difference between us and horizontal women is that we follow an accumulated knowledge of behavior and words that tells us which are to be used and which are to be avoided. Horizontal women live the group-think of Now, which stopped accumulating as soon as it started, and spread endless trivia sideways (horizontally) instead. Vertical women learn from a multi-layered stack of factual anecdotes carefully passed down (vertically) by responsible people. Horizontal group-think is recklessly spread by contemporary minds obsessed with a burgeoning single layer of concocted paraphernalia.
Now we will take a pause right here. If you still see value in the horizontal approach, if you are not prepared to reject it outright, stop reading this now. Okay? Just go, and good luck to you. You’re going to need it.
True and Very Personal Stories
Most of the “wisdom of the ages” came to us in the form of true and very personal stories, intended as non-spiritual parables, handed down by our ancestors. We can’t repeat them; our family could be identified through some of the stories. In skipping the stories, we are avoiding the lurid details of the lessons. Our ancestors were not shrinking violets!
The True Nature of Feminism
To those who are still with us: we urge you to educate yourselves as to the real nature of feminism. You could do worse than read the spawnyspace blog from the start. Simply flush Fifty Shades down the loo (or use it page by page for a purpose befitting its quality) and take your tablet to bed with you instead. There will be a whole lot more information on the internet about the real nature of feminism. Perhaps commenters could recommend some. We’ve never had to look for it as our mums already made sure we grew up knowing what feminism is really about.
Feminism has the hallmarks of a bad religion:
- Fervor and fanaticism
- Rituals (mattresses, banners, compulsive flaunting of fat flesh)
- Public demonstrations of faith (slut walks, routine disruption of men’s meetings)
- Righteousness (especially self)
- Wailing and railing
- Worship (of self and all things feminist)
- Dogma (Absolute “Truths” that trump the facts)
- Congregational Meetings
- Supernatural happenings (phantom rapes)
- Saints (Gloria Steinem et al)
- Satan (The Patriarchy).
The horizontal approach is no more and no less than the group-think influence of feminism. Whereas vertical women admire the loving wives of the past, horizontal women pity them. Whereas vertical women identify and hold onto the best of the past, horizontal women turn a blind eye to the merits of faithfulness.
Feminism kills marriage by cottoning onto white woman’s long-held belief that the nature of men is worse than that of women.
Snips and snails
And puppy-dogs’ tails
That’s what little boys are made of…
Sugar and spice
And all things nice
That’s what little girls are made of
The white race, for one, has this intrinsic female prejudice. Perhaps other races do too? Commenters may be able to give evidence one way or ‘tother.
Feminism preaches that all relationships with men must inevitably be bad. On the other hand, the loving woman knows that the nature of some men is such that any relationship with them cannot help but be good for her. Her goal then must be to return at least equal value. Vertical womanhood is really the antithesis of feminism.
Feminism is the living proof of the maxim: those who don’t learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them. Feminism is even worse than that – it actually rewrites history to suit itself. An ideology such as this is incapable of developing into anything useful. It can only learn how to grab and hold onto power.
Vertical women reject all ideology outright. You must completely rid your mind of ideology or you have no hope. You must eat, breath, live and dream anti-feminism. You must learn to loath feminism for what it has done to men and their once vast reserves of goodwill towards us. For the same reasons, you must also learn to loath social justice workers.
Where do you Start
It starts with you being sure you end up in the right relationship.
Ezzy: “Love a man for his character, that is the base, and all else is ‘learning steps’ about each other, some delightful, some painful. Feel it from the wisdom of women who committed to men of good character in the past. This was instilled in me so strongly, good character became the romance of my dreams at an early age. My imaginary Prince Charmings thrilled me with their integrity, empathy, steadfastness and power of good character. I married a man who could not have taken my heart had he not been first and foremost a good man.”
If you are one of those silly cows who insists on being treated badly, and rejects men who treat you well, and goes from one man to the next, and come hell or highwater you’re not going to change, well, you’re set in your ways. Women are immensely susceptible to the influence of the group. Your group, silly cow, says one thing, ours says another. You won’t change unless your group changes its thinking. The reason women swoon over pop stars is because other women do. Build up a critical mass of fans and the rest will flood in horizontally. That’s you. It’s not us though, because we’re vertical. Ever seen a flood flow straight up?
Vertical Women Attract
Men want to be around us, men want to marry us because they see a community of good wives in our big family. They see the precedent working. Some women try to append onto us and thus avoid the hard yakker. We don’t accept them. We can’t do their heavy lifting for them.
You have to want it hard enough to do it for yourself. No piggy backing. It’s hard. Do it for yourself. When it comes to helping other women, well, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
FINALLY, THE RULES OF THE “WISDOM OF THE AGES”:
- Reject all horizontal group-think (i.e. feminism and Political Correctness in the world of today).
- Reject all stereotypes, especially of men and boys.
- Be a loving person. This will not be physical love, but you must nevertheless be seen as a person of love. To achieve this is so easy for a woman! Just feel it – really feel it – and it will show. Make it general, don’t send an unintended “come on” to any individual man.
- Be a person who loves life. Be positive.
- Quit all the womanly excuses and quit the drama. Keep the monthly drama right out of your life. Many women say their hormones make this impossible. We’re here to tell you, they’re wrong. If men can handle their hormones, we can handle ours. We – the women behind this post – handle ours, so there. Proof.
- No shit tests, okay? None. A loving woman doesn’t need them. This rule is very closely related to #5. You must rid this aspect of your womanhood completely. It’s a nasty, ugly side of womankind. Learn what sort of trigger brings on a shit-test mood, then condition yourself out of it. Think of something positive – your favorite chocolate or movie or song or something.
- You will keep your physical love for one man for life. If you’re starting on this path now, with a high N, don’t let it go any higher. Stop it now. Believe in what you’re doing and why. Do you now see the full meaning of the “vertical” in vertical women? Stay vertical when men* are around. *(and women too if that’s your inclination)
- When you find each other, you are to be there for him from that moment on.
- Put him ahead of everyone, including your children. The stronger your relationship, the better it is for the children. He is number one. Before you get too involved discuss this with him and make sure he totally understands. Be sure he’s the kind of man who will respect and value your position. Some men are the male equivalent of the silly cows we mentioned above and are only attracted to women who treat them badly. Avoid them like the plague.
- If you possibly can, join or form a community of similarly dedicated vertical women. Men will be attracted to that community. But remember, a living community is horizontal. Don’t let it become a horizontal group-think! For a very long time, our ancestors have known that a group of women is potentially the most disastrous thing that can happen to humanity. Your group (if any) will be a group of vertical women who happen to share a deep respect for the wisdom of the ages. That’s all.
- Keep yourself physically fit and trim.
- Give sex the same level of priority as #9. Give it because you love him, and you love the sex. If you find you don’t have a love of sex with him, leave no stone unturned to bring yourself up to speed. Seek therapy or counseling. Sex is an absolutely crucial priority. You’ll need his co-operation with this. Discuss it with him early on. If he shows no great interest well, at least you know. Your choice…
- Have a forgiving spirit. Forgive his errors. No-one is perfect, including you.
- It’s true, laughter is great medicine. Instead of getting angry with his foibles, laugh with him about them. Bring up your own foibles and laugh at them too. Laugh and smile a lot during your times with him. He’s the most important person in your life. Your man should be capable of laughing at himself. None of us (Cill’s sisters and cuzzies here) could be attracted to a man who lacks a sense of the ridiculous.
- Horizontal women can be a millstone around your neck. Remove such people from your life as much as you possibly can. They’ll drag you down, like they do with men.
- Love the company of good pleasant men. Find out how much fun they are to be around! Joke with them, pull their legs, challenge them to a childish game such as marbles, skittles, whatever. You’ll find out if he has a sense of the ridiculous that way. Laugh a lot. If he’s quiet, divert attention from him by goofing off! Make him laugh! Good men are great company. When you know him better, jump on his back and whack his arse with your hand, gee him up! Go for a swim and dive off his shoulders (now you see the real reason for #11?) By now you will be noticing other women looking at him with unprecedented interest. Get used to it.
You have no Handed-Down Wisdom from your own Ancestors
There’s not much we can do about this, eh. However, can we offer this suggestion (and we think it’s a good one):
Accept that we have ancestors who passed down their wisdom. Jump on our bandwagon! We don’t mind this idea, in fact we love it! Picture our ancestors in your mind, as we do. They were traditionally described as tallish, long-legged, raven-haired beauties with unblemished slightly tawny skin that doesn’t burn and barely changes color in the sun. Their eyes were very blue, with eyebrows and lashes very black. There were some blonds and brunettes but for the most part they were dark.
Think of them when you’re struggling to follow the wisdom of the ages. Think of them struggling for you and before you, and winning, setting the precedent for success.
Ezzy: “Once committed, for as long as he stands to the contract and he shows his commitment by his words and actions, we will honor it. Whenever we start to feel critical or impatient, or (most fatally of all) start ‘comparing our lot’, we feel the support of the sisterhood who started failing in the past and yet stayed strong.”
Our ancestors would be hugely gratified, they’d be so proud to think you too are gaining strength from them! If you have a daughter, just think! – You can add to the long line of mothers who passed the advices on to their daughters. Then you, like them, might see your daughter heeding the advices and feel the weight of responsibility become sunlight on your shoulders.