Why do unmarried teens/early 20s women get pregnant? Liz suggests that from her experience, it is never from lack of knowledge. So why do they do it? How often is it intentional? Would young women admit to intentionality? And how often are they “accidents” built around plausible deniability?
Since I don’t normally interact with females of this age group, I am not sure as to the reasons. Perhaps commenters can chime in with their experiences. Below is list of non mutually exclusive possibilities,
1. Get welfare money
2. Trap him for marriage
3. “Create a baby who will love me”
4. Get back at a parent
5. Trap him into a relationship
6. “We have a relationship, so why not?”
7. Admiration/attention from others
8. Know better, but did not think it through
None of the above reflect well upon the teen/early 20s female. Perhaps I am being a bit harsh. But perhaps not.